It’s finally june and the beginning of a long (and hopefully warm) summer vacation. Although the weather is still anything but summery, that didn’t stop me from making ice cream. And lots of it. It’s summer, I didn’t have a choice! 😉
These ice cream pops are absolutely amazing! They’re sweet and super creamy and you don’t even need an ice cream machine! Just whip some heavy cream, stir in cream cheese, condensed milk and flavouring, freeze for a few hours, and voila! Perfect ice cream!
These little darlings are filled with homemade blueberry jam and topped with a delicious crumble. It’s a real winner!
And I’ve finally decided to make my instagram profile public so if you want more frequent updates, follow me at @sarafall94
Here’s the recipe!
For approximately 20 ice cream pops:
- 300 g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ~75 g caster sugar
1. Put blueberries and sugar in a saucepan and boil until it thickens. Test if the jam is ready by putting a dollop of jam on a plate and run the back of a spoon through it. If the spoon leaves a mark in the jam, it’s done.
2. Let the jam cool completely in the fridge.
- 90 g plain flour
- 30 g caster sugar
- 60 g cold butter
1. Preheat the oven to 175 celius/350 farenheit.
2. Pinch together the ingredients to a crumbly paste.
3. Put the crumbs on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
- 250 g heavy cream
- 100 g cream cheese
- 200 g condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whip the cream to a firm consistency, but be careful not to over whip.
2. Stir the cream cheese until it softens and mix in condensed milk and vanilla a little at a time.
3. Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
4. Layer blueberry jam and ice cream in 20 shot glasses. Top with crumble and put an ice cream stick in each glass.
5. Put in the freezer for at least 4 hours.