I made these yummy muffins a few weeks back, wanting to make something fresh and summery. These muffins are baked with lots of peach juice, fresh peaches and raspberries and are topped with a delicious peach and mascarpone cream. And if you can’t find unsweetened peach juice, you can substitute it with water instead, just add a little extra fresh peaches! Here’s the recipe:
For 15 muffins
- 240 g plain flour
- 180 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 50 g butter
- 50 g neutral oil
- 200 g unsweetened peach juice
- 1 egg
- 50 g peeled and pitted fresh peaches
- 50 g fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C/390 F.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Melt the butter and add oil, peach juice and the egg. Add the egg-mixture to the dry ingredients and incorporate to a smooth batter.
4. Divide half of the batter between the muffin cases. Add half of the fruit, chopped into smaller pieces, on top. Fill the cases with the rest of the batter and add the rest of the fruit.
5. Bake in the middle of the oven approximately 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
For the peach cream
- 100 g fresh peach, peeled and pitted
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 100 g mascarpone cheese
- 60 g heavy cream
1. Mix the peaches in a food processor to a smooth puré.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and beat with an electrical mixer to soft peaks. Don’t over whip.
3. Add peach cream to the cooled muffins and decorate with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar.
Happy baking! 🙂